Ron over at By-of-Fundie tapped me for a meme. Typically, I don't do these but I was tapped for this same meme some number of years ago when LiveJournal was king. Thusly, I have reposted that entry here:
Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 6 weird facts/things/habits about yourself, saying who tagged you. In the end you need to choose the 5 people to be tagged and list their names. No tag backs.
1) I collect Bibles. I have about two dozen of them, mostly stolen from hotels.
2) I believe that most of the general assumptions we make about culture are precisely backwards. Funerals are for the sake of the living, not the deceased. Religion is man trying to control diety. Codified rules of conduct make the world a less stable place. Absolutely nothing in any society or power group can be explained by "Human Nature" as there is no such thing. Decadence is a way of enforcing conformity and anyone who wants a position of authority is probably the last person who should have it.
3) I bite my nails. I stopped biting my nails for several years but started aain about two years ago.
4) I have never broken a bone nor have I been hospitalized.
5) I once had a pistol put to my head. I survived through a rare moment of reflex training over coherent thought and afterward spent an hour vomiting. It was, possibly, the most unnerving experience of my adult life and it encapsulated one of the the only real life lessons I ever valued.
6) I am heir to a small fortune in fine china, crystal and rare pottery.
I am declining to tap others but I hope everyone found this informative.