3/03/2007

Today it's Raining.

S'been raining all day. Rawkstahr thinks it odd that I'm so untroubled by the elements. She shivers and sweats easily. By comparison, I've turned on neither my heat nor my air conditioning these past three years and I live in Atlanta where the temperature ranges from 20 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. I wear shorts when other's turn up their collars and I leave my coat on while others don shorts.

I don't know why this is. I've just never been much bothered by temperature or animation of atmosphere. I've been ridiculed for thinking that the gray, quivering, drizzling days of winter are perfectly pleasant.

It's been raining since I woke up this morning, ranging from a deep, rumbling storm, the heaven's catharsis, to a slow ambling drip and back. I sat in silence an listened to the dropfalls, the differences in timbre between rain on pavement, rain on cars and rain on rooftops. I took a walk despite the precipitation. I missed the sun not at all.

Weather is weather and life is life. Love all of it or you're bound to spend a lot of time being disappointed.

No comments: