12/21/2007

Lightweight Lightningseed

During a nap this afternoon I had a dream, not a full, REM deep stage dream. I'd only been asleep for fifteen minutes or so but a sort of half waking dream. It was vivid, intense, even tactile. I was floating, or rather flying with great speed but little control as if I was hanging by a cord from an invisible helicopter that kept changing direction without warning, swooping me close to the ground and then drawing me swiftly up into the clouds as we crossed over alternately picturesque and post-apocalyptic landscapes.

All this was narrated in a young woman's voice, by verbatim excerpts from Neil Stephenson's The Diamond Age, specifically from The Young Lady's Illustrated Primer.

It's a good thing I'm not into dream analysis or this might creep me out.

No comments: