4/07/2007

I'm on a Feature...

My posting schedule may be a bit irregular for the next few weeks. I've taken a gig on a feature film, my eleventh. Making movies is, incidentally, not the job I was bitching about a few posts back, that was the job I have to keep in order to not starve in an otherwise freelance world. Film is the thing I was complaining about not getting to do as much as I want.

When working a feature, the days are long. The standard of performance is high, even lofty. The margin for error is very narrow and, if you're in the technical end of it like I am, the work is often laborious. And, there's virtually nothing else I would rather be doing.

I cannot overstate what a privilege it is to get to do this. I have grown up to do what I wanted to do when I was twelve years old and I wonder if there is anything more precious.

Hold the work, picture's up.

1 comment:

rusty said...

Congratulations Tom! Few things are finer than getting paid to do something one enjoys. When you get a free moment later on down the line, drop me an email. We'd love to have you on a podcast to talk about your experiences on film sets.