10/05/2010

The Imperfect Storm

They told me there was going to be a storm tonight. While I'll admit that there was a bit of thunder, if that's what passes for a storm these days, then I'm disappointed.

I've had a bit of a love affair with storms since I lived in the midwest as a child, since just after I was old enough to stop being afraid of them. I'm not interested in storms in any scientific sense. My fascination is purely aesthetic. I love the flash and the rumble, the trickle and the splash. I like to sit just outside the reach of the rain and simply experience the grumblings of he atmosphere. That's when I get my best thinking done.

The meteorological community promised me an "autumn storm." I got medium showers with thunder no louder than my stomach when I skip breakfast.

Somebody owes me some weather


submit to reddit

3 comments:

nursemyra said...

I'd be happy with 365 days of sunshine

krissthesexyatheist said...

"T" I live in Nor-Cal so I'm allergic to any weather that is under 70 degrees. But, it takes all kind to make the world go round, so bully for you mate. Awesomeness.

Kriss

John Myste said...

If you had said, I wanted it to storm and I expressed that, I would have thought: "how boring." It was actually pretty good for reasons I cannot explain.